Monday, July 21, 2014

CONCENTRATE on BASICS says SARAT CHANDRA (PO @ BOB)

As it is the time for all bank exams recruitment !!its time for us to give you some thoughts of successful candidates who cleared banking exams!!lets have look at what Sarat Chandra saying!!that might be useful to you to crack the banking exams

                                                                                     Name                 : Sarat Chandra M
10th                    : Chaitanya Public School,Vizag
%                        : 92.3
Inter:                   : M.P.C. in Sri Chaitnya Jr College,Vijayawada
%                        : 93.9
B.Tech                : E.C.E. in K.S.R.M.C.E.,Kadapa (SVU,Tirupati).
%                        : 72.91
IBPS PO Roll no : 1171325481

Final Selection     : PO @ Bank Of Baroda.


Admin : Hi Mr.Sarat Chandra congratulations!!Finally you made it into Bank of Baroda in oyur first attempt!! thats amazing.

Sarat   : Thank you very much!!

Admin : I think that you are in 9th cloud now right?? What are your feelings now?

Sarat   : I experienced different kinds of feelings after that good news. NOSTALGIC might be the term which correctly describes my feelings.

Admin : Whom do you give the credit of your success??

Sarat   : First of all, I want to thank the people at Mahendra’s coaching institute for setting up some good practice tests. To my parents and best friends who have always believed in me,supported me and pushed me towards my success.

Admin : Before we start tell us about your personal life?

Sarat   : okay with pleasure.

Admin : Tell us about your family?

Sarat   : I am the son of Mr.SrinivasaRao and Mrs.Padmavathi. My younger brother, Sasank, is pursuing his class 12.

Admin : Whats your parents?

Sarat   : My father is a Deputy Manager in Vigilance department of Powergrid Corporation of India Ltd and my mother is a housewife.

Admin : What are your hobbies?

Sarat   : Playing computer games and social networking.

Admin : Many say that bank exams are very tough but you have cracked all the four IBPS EXAMS? What do you say?

Sarat   : It’s actually a myth that bank exams are tough. Bank exams are actually very easy.You just need to know how to use the 2 hours given to you in the exam.

Admin : Is it your first attempt?

Sarat   : Yes, this is my first attempt.

Admin : What is your strategy towards the exam preparation?

Sarat   : Simple, I first did a SWOT analysis of all the topics. I worked on my weaker zones and for the stronger zones. I just used to revise the basic concepts.

Admin : Okay. How many hours did you worked regularly?

Sarat   : Honestly speaking, I used to work for 3-4 hours only. I used to write two practice tests every week so it used to cost me 2 hours on those days and the remaining time for reviewing my performance,like where I had wasted time, writing down inaccurate questions and solving them again.

Admin : Basics in the sense??

Sarat   : Suppose the question is like “The radius of a circle and the side of a square are in the ratio 2:3.The perimeter of the square is 20 sq.cm.Find the area of the circle.”For solving this question, one has to know the formulae of area of circle and perimeter of square. It is also necessary to know how to operate on ratios for completely solving this question.

Admin : You are very successful at the age of 23? Will stop with this??

Sarat   : The answer is no. I’ve my eye on getting into the Reserve Bank of India.

Admin : Besides that what are your future plans?

Sarat   : This is a time when the banking industry is facing its biggest challenge-to achieve 100% financial inclusion. I’ll do my best to see that India is 100% financially included.Also, some of my friends have this idea of guiding and counselling undergraduate students on how to choose a career path, I have promised to give my support to them.

Admin : Do you have any ideas to start up an educational organization to guide the students??

Sarat   : Actually, we never had any kind of counsellors and advisors in our engineering days. We had no idea of what we have to do and what career we have to choose. We had different ideas about creating awareness among the students. We wanted to start an academy by the name ‘Arjuna Academy’. For that to be successful, we do need some form of finance and experience. So, we kept our plans aside for now and we are focussing on our careers. Since all the members of the academy are concentrating on diverse careers, I really think it will be a huge success once we start hitting the ground.

Admin : Enjoyed your life in b.tech??

Sarat   : Yes, I do.esp.in hostel

Admin : Why banking sector? Being an engineer??

Sarat   : The first question an engineer faces in any kind of interview related to banking sector I always wanted to work in a sector which is recession free and gives me some sort of security.Banking ticks both the boxes.

Admin : why didn’t u choose software side?

Sarat   : I did try my best to get into that sector but at a certain point of time I began questioning the transparency of the entire selection process. So, I decided not to waste my time.

Admin : So do you say that the selection process in software side is not transparent?

Sarat   : I do respect the software sector because of the fact that everything is now linked to the same like purchasing basic needs to booking a ticket for our travel. Even the sector I am about to join is hugely dependent on software sector. But, all I call for is some transparency in the recruitment.Because, I’ve attended for the recruitment process of nearly 20 software companies and in the written phase no company had ever revealed the score I had obtained. I never understood what my problem was like was it the written? Or was it a poor performance in the interview? Also, if a candidate isn’t selected after a not so impressive performance, they would be like “We’ll intimate you later”. It would be nice if they send an email that the candidate is not selected instead of putting him in an ambiguous situation.

Admin : Did you feel tensed at the time of interview?

Sarat   : It’s normal for anyone to get tensed before an interview. I did get tensed. But the interview personnel made me comfortable.

Admin : What are the questions asked in the interview?

Sarat   : Questions were on my profile, my under graduation back ground and some basic banking terminology.

Admin : Whom do you feel as the greatest support in your life for achieving this success??

Sarat   : It has to be my dad and mom because they gave me freedom to choose what I wanted to do and respected my ambitions. Then there are few of my best friends always supported me.

Admin : Faced any pressure at the time of your preparation?

Sarat   : Yes, I did face some but forgetting something you desperately want, you need to be ready to face anything.

Admin : Did u have confidence that u would crack this exam?

Sarat   : I never really cared about the result. I gave my best in the exam and after the exam ,I used that spare time to enjoy.

Admin : Any humiliations before u got this success?

Sarat   : There have been some but it might be god’s way of testing me so I never really cared about them.

Admin: Is coaching is necessary to crack a bank exam?

Sarat  : Coaching is for those who want to increase their confidence and for those who can't concentrate and study... its better to go for coaching only if its worth it or if you can afford it.Many websites providing free online tests some basics and regular practice of online tests would be more than enough.

Admin : Finally What do you say to the banking exams aspirants?

Sarat   : I urge the banking aspirants to study the basic concepts first and then go for exercises and mock tests because I’ve seen most of the people wasting their time solving questions without learning the basic concepts. I also advice them to formulate a strategy for writing the exam like how much time needs to be allotted for every section in the exam and stick to it until the final exam.

Admin : Thank you for your valuable time.

Sarat   : I am honoured that you actually interviewed me!!

Current notifications
IBPS PO/MT PHASE IV

up coming Exams IBPS RRB Scale I officer
                               IBPS RRB assistant (multi purposes)
                                                                                                            Admin : Uday Shankar B

1 comment: